Creative and Graphic Design Leader
As a part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City supports a stable financial system. We work across diverse communities throughout our region and nation to foster understanding in our economy, the payments system, and financial institutions for people from all walks of life.
Together, we serve the public and each other in an innovative environment that values the highest ethical standards. Here you’ll find support to develop, united in a clear and common purpose with a diverse team.
We are seeking a Creative Services leader within the Public Affairs department to support the Bank’s external and internal communication strategies. You will manage the work and development of our in-house design, multimedia and video studio team, collaborate with a wide array of clients, and take a hands-on approach to deliver original video and/or design work.
As a member of the Public Affairs department, you will support the Bank’s external and internal communication strategies by guiding the work and development of our in-house design, multimedia and video studio team. Your talent in leading teams to deliver breakthrough creative work will play a pivotal role in how we share our story with the public and engage our nearly 2,200 Kansas City Fed employees.
You know how to evaluate communications and creative work to ensure messages and delivery are effective, driving use of the latest digital approaches and the ongoing transformation of team processes. As a collaborator, you’ll partner with content specialists within the communications team and other Kansas City Fed stakeholders to understand communication objectives, guide creative problem solving, develop concepts, and advise on appropriate medium to deliver the message.
You will supervise a team delivering digital, video, graphics, design, social media, email, digital signage, events, print and photography. While leading the team, you are also comfortable taking a hands-on approach to deliver creative work of your own. You will work in partnership and consultation with our Creative Director in providing design direction and ensuring brand consistency.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and our YouTube channel – Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
More About Us
Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Mac and Axure proficiency.
- Coaches and guides ongoing growth and development of graphic, design and video staff members.
- Identifies opportunities to tell the Bank’s story in new and compelling ways and inspires team to use measurement and feedback to innovate in their work.
- Works with team, stakeholders, and department leadership to set content goals and assign resources.
- Facilitates project kickoffs and brainstorms.
- In partnership with project management resources, tracks progress and ensures adherence to deadlines for review and approvals for the deliverables of the team.
- Takes a hands-on approach as required to deliver graphic, multimedia and/or video work, in addition to leading team.
- Works cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization to understand communications needs, generate creative ideas, and lead direct reports in delivering campaigns and tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Typically requires three or more years of related professional work experience. A strong track record of leading and inspiring creative teams in an agency or corporate communications environment is strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills, including organization, planning and execution. Knowledge of project management system software is preferred.
- Demonstrated awareness of strategic vision and focus.
- Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with managing workflow of creative services, content production and integrated campaign delivery, with working knowledge of timeframes for review, approval and delivery.
- Strong creative vision with ability to conceptualize and convert to creative tactics.
- Skilled in graphic design with understanding of current industry best practices.
- Experience with developing, producing, and editing video and multimedia, or leading such function.
- Experience with user experience/user interface design and wireframing experience.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Mac and Axure proficiency.
- Applicants will be asked to provide samples of creative work during the consideration process.
- Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Our Total Rewards program offers benefits that go beyond the basics featuring:
Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation & Personal Time
Onsite Fitness Center (Kansas City location)
Onsite Garage Parking at No Cost
Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
salary not listed