Graphic Design Freelancer (with Data Visualization Experience) for Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath)
Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath), a national nonprofit based in Boston that seeks to disrupt poverty, is looking to work with a graphic designer – either a freelancer or an individual consultant(s) within a small firm – to create infographics and other visuals; collateral such as flyers; and designed reports, on poverty-related issues. We’re hoping to find someone who can work with us on an ongoing basis on one-off projects.
Please note we are not looking for rebranding support at this time. We’d like the freelancer or consultant to work with our existing branding and style guide.
More About Us
More about us: Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath for short) is a national nonprofit based in Boston that seeks to disrupt poverty through a unique combination of direct services in the Boston area, including supporting low-income families with our coaching model to help them climb the economic ladder; research to evaluate and evolve our coaching approach; advocacy to advance policy change; and a learning network of 150+ organizations across the country that adapt our coaching model in their work.
We’re looking for someone with experience with the following:
- Visualizing complex data and other information for a lay audience. We’re specifically looking for help with designing creative infographics as well as other creative visuals.
- Creating visually-compelling collateral such as one-pager fact sheets, event flyers, etc.
- Designing and laying out reports, including annual reports and issue-specific reports
- Past work with nonprofits and mission-driven organizations
- Willingness to engage and understand our work in a deeper way in order to come up with ideas
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email the following to Michelle Blundell at email@example.com:
- Bio and relevant experience
- Examples of previous work, including an example(s) of a data-focused infographic / graphic and an annual report
- A list of clients you’ve worked with before (or types of organizations)
- Overview of your process for working with organizations to get to a strong outcome (including your process for collecting feedback from the organizations you work with)
- Hourly rate as well as general time estimates (a range is fine) for graphics and collateral
A formal proposal is not needed. Compiling this information in an email is sufficient! We will be in touch if we’d like to schedule a follow-up call.
Applicants should include hourly rate information as well as general time estimates (a range is fine) for graphics and collateral